Pros & Cons of Plantation Shutters
For every option you have for window treatments, there are going to be some pros and cons. Having this information is a key part of making decisions about which window coverings you'll want for your home.
It's also not just as simple as blinds, shades, and shutters. Within each kind of window treatment, there are types of each one, such as plantation shutters.
Known for their oversized louvers, plantation shutters were originally used in old plantation homes in the South. Now, they're popular in homes all across the country; you'll need advice from a reputable shutter company to decide if this is the right fit for you.
Making Informed Decisions
Before deciding if plantation shutters are right for you, there are some pros and cons you should know about:
- Let's face the fact that a big pro, when it comes to plantation shutters, is the look. They're stylish and go with just about any interior design aesthetic or architectural style. You'll love the finished appearance of your home, inside and out, with this type of shutter.
- Unfortunately, for homeowners looking for a way to let in light while maintaining their privacy, shutters aren't the ideal solution. You can have total privacy or open them completely, but you won't be able to have both at the same time.
- Plantation shutters are a wise investment because they increase the property value of your home. Your home is your biggest and most important investment, so make good choices that will enhance the worth.
- That being said, one of the downsides is that these shutters do cost more upfront. This may not be the right choice for someone with a limited budget. However, because of the return on investment, many homeowners feel it's worth the higher initial expense.
- If you'd like a window treatment that doesn't require much maintenance, these are a good fit. Simple dusting is good enough with the occasional warm, soapy water cleaning. And repairs are infrequent, as long as you get high-quality shutters that are installed by true industry experts.
What Works Best for You
Before making choices about whether or not plantation shutters are right for you, consider these popular color choices:
- Classic White
- Navy Blue
- Natural Cedar
Aside from your personal preference, the color you choose will be based on things like the paint color of the walls. Plantation shutters look rich and beautiful in just about any hue, you just need to pick something that pairs well with the color and architectural style of your home.
The most important tip is to make sure you have a reputable Littleton shutter company to work with, so give Greene Designs Inc. a call today.